Call for proposals:
PLEASE EMAIL YOUR PROPOSAL TO: [email protected]
Rufus Stone/Performance/installation at Tachbrook Street Market in London
We are looking for performance/sound/visual artists who would like to perform/present work in a very public setting in London. Working with the London borough of Westminster, Rufus Stone is curating an “artist’s pitch” in a lively street market. Westminster is making available a gazebo (approx. 3 m x 2 m), with detachable walls, at the front of the market, next to a fruit and veg stall, and Rufus Stone will arrange accommodation in London (walking distance from the market) for three days for the selected artists.
Selection mechanism: A selection committee, including artists and curators as well as a representative of Westminster will decide on a shortlist. Rufus Stone will then work with the short-listed artists to schedule and produce projects.
•You can apply as an individual or as part of a collaborative.
•Artists must NOT transact business— we don’t have a vendor’s license. Thus all projects must be non-commercial; i.e. no project or artist would be allowed to sell a product or realise any commercial gain from participating in the project.
•No electricity is provided at the site.
•Artists must cover the costs of all materials; their transport to/from/within London; and all other personal costs associated with participation. We are happy to provide official letters of invitation for selected artists applying for project funding.
•A representative of Rufus Stone will be onsite during all projects.
Email the following to: [email protected]
1. Tell us where you are currently living/working and your nationality.
2. Tell us about how you plan to use the pitch. Make sure to provide both the conceptual underpinning of the work-- and a description of the actual piece. (up to 500 words)
3. Please provide a sort description of your practice. How do you work, what are the issues you are interested in, how does this project fit into you practice? (up to 500 words)
4. Please provide the name, email and phone number of someone who knows you well. Make sure they are available and will respond promptly if we contact them.
5. Please attach your CV as well as any other supporting materials (images etc.)